I am currently the advisor for the UT Tyler Math Club and the Texas Phi chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon. If you are a student interested in joining Math Club and/or PME, email me at email@example.com. Math Club is open to all, but there are a few extra requirements to join the PME Math Honor Society. You can find the requirements to join PME at their website.
Some information about our math club:
- We usually have about 30 people attend the biweekly Math Club meetings. During these meetings, we have student and faculty speakers talk about a topic in math the audience might not otherwise see in class.
- We hold an annual Integration Bee with cash prizes. We had over 60 students attend in 2017 and over 50 in 2018. (Math Club has received the Prize Grant from PME both years for this activity.)
- We hold a Pi(e) Your Professor fund raiser each fall to raise money for Math Club. We raised over $150 this year.
- We have game days, including games like SET and Math Balderdash.
- We hold Thanksgiving potluck, a Winter party, and a Senior Send-off party in the fall where students are presented with awards.
- We hold PME inauguration in April.
- Math Club helps fund students to travel to conferences. The Math Club advisor(s) apply for extra money from the Dean’s office and Math department to take students to these conferences. If you are a student interested in attending a conference, please contact me or Dr. Lauderdale.